GRAPHICS & DESIGN CENTER
Please consider the following when setting up art files for cartons and displays:
Each process involves different design specifications. The most common processes are shown below. Digital printing is also available.
Lithographic Label Files:
- Digital art may be supplied as Illustrator, InDesign, Quark and/or Photoshop files. PDFs are acceptable in some cases. No low-resolution jpegs, please.
- Photographic images should be high-resolution (300dpi) images at full size.
- Please outline text whenever possible, or provide all fonts needed.
- Critical text/artwork should be a minimum of 1/4″ away from the dieline edge and/or scores.
- Minimum bleed is 1/2″ out from the dieline. NOTE: If we supply a dieline with label trim included, please bleed the art 1/8″ out from the label trim area.
Flexographic/Direct Print Files:
- Digital line art should preferably be vector-based (i.e., Adobe Illustrator) images. Photoshop line art should be 600dpi minimum.
- Photographic image resolution should be at least 150dpi at full size.
- Touching colors will be trapped (overlapped about 3/32″) to allow for press movement during printing.
- Text size minimum is 8 points, if possible.
- Line weight minimum is 1 point.
- Critical text/artwork should be a minimum of 1/2″ away from the dieline edge and/or scores.
- Minimum bleed is 3/8″ out from the dieline.
Dielines or Templates:
Dielines are necessary to assure the proper size and placement of art. Your Packaging Consultant can obtain one for you in your preferred format: (AI, PDF, EPS, etc.)
For your security please contact your packaging consultant on how to access our method for receiving artwork files.
You can also send large files to us at no charge by using the following service: https://www.wetransfer.com/
Our graphics department is Windows & Macintosh-based. Available programs include all Adobe CS versions Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign) and QuarkXPress 7.3.
Please supply the following:
- Complete, workable CMYK files; preferably in their native file format.
- A color printout of the file (when sending art by mail).
- All supporting files: Linked files and fonts.
- Appropriate Pantone or GCMI spot colors (if applicable) – indicate coated or uncoated for Pantone. If you need a specific custom color, please provide a sample for color matching.
- Name of company, project and contact person for any questions related to the project.
Files can be received and sent via CD to:
Dependable Packaging Inc.
605 S. Milliken Avenue Suite – A
Ontario, California 91761
Phone: (888) 576-8884